Interested in the Golden Ticket? Scan the QR Code
10 Day Exclusive Trip To Africa If Your Golden Ticket Wins! | Tickets are only $25 -OR- 5 Tickets for $100 |
Roberts Family Development Center has grown tremendously in the past 20 years and with growth comes more opportunity to serve the community
Our Golden Ticket Fundraiser, is to raise funds for a new building renovation to create a more conducive and functional space for community-oriented activities.
This effort aligns with our commitment in providing vital services and programs to the children and families within North Sacramento and surrounding communities, ensuring we can better support and uplift individuals and families in need.
RFDC presents the Africa Matters Youth Development Initiative
Golden Ticket to South Africa
The Pacers Moving Forward – Africa Matters Youth Development initiative was created to close the knowledge gap for youth and to help them understand and appreciate Africa not just as a faraway place and people, but as a path to knowledge and potential career opportunities.
Through the initiative, RFDC will bring this knowledge and opportunities to the youth participating in our Pacers Moving Forward program at Grant Union High School. Some of the curriculum highlights include…
- Studying the culture, history, society, and politics of Africa’s vast continent of 54+ individual nations
- Exploring a non-violence approach to advocacy by studying the work of Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., and Nelson Mandela
- A culminating trip to South Africa, which will occur as part of the 2023-2024 school year. Two selected BSU students and two PMF members will accompany the winners of the first ever Golden Ticket fundraiser, done in part to raise funds for this trip.
In keeping with our Mission, the Roberts Family Development Center would like to introduce our first annual charitable fundraising raffle “The Golden Ticket to South Africa”. Purchase of a ticket enters you into a raffle to win a trip for 2 to South Africa!
90% of the proceeds raised from the raffle will support our programs, so that we may plan future trips to inspire our youth to pursue their dreams in whatever career path they may choose.
The Prize: An all-inclusive, 1-week trip for 2 to South Africa! The winner has the option to schedule their trip between February 1, 2024, through April 30, 2024, OR join RFDC friends on a prescheduled, guided-tour, group trip, dates to be determined.
Purchasing Tickets: Raffle tickets are $25 each or 5 tickets for $100. Tickets will go on sale September 10, 2023, through December 8, 2023. If you are interested in purchasing raffle tickets, please submit an interest form by clicking the link, call our office at (916) 646-6631, or visit our Main Center at 770 Darina Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95815. You may buy as many tickets as you like. Only one name will appear on each ticket. Please note: Per California regulations, NO tickets can be purchased, traded or redeemed over the internet. Purchased Tickets can be mailed to an address that you provide, or you can pick up your ticket at our Main Center. Please contact us for other in-person ticket purchase opportunities.
Payment methods: You can purchase tickets by debit card, credit card, or checks.
- Debit/Credit card payments: Purchasing tickets using your debit or credit card can be done over the phone or in-person by visiting our Main Center. All major credit cards are accepted. Please, no international orders or international credit cards.
- Check payments: Please have checks made out to the Roberts Family Development Center. Checks can be brought into the Main Center or mailed to:
Roberts Family Development Center
Attention: Department of Finance
770 Darina Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95815.
Payments by check will be accepted until December 7, 2023. Mailed in checks must be post marked by November 27, 2023. After November 27, 2023, to purchase raffle tickets by check, please visit our Main Center.
On the day of the drawing, December 8, 2023, tickets can only be purchased in person at the Marcus Shelby Benefit Concert at The Center @ 2300, located at 2300 Sierra Boulevard, Sacramento, CA. All Ticket sales will end December 8, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. You do NOT need to attend the benefit concert to purchase tickets.
Drawing for the winning ticket: The drawing for the winner will occur on December 8, 2023 LIVE at the Marcus Shelby Benefit Concert at the end evening performance. Winners do not need to be present at the time of the drawing. The winner has 30 days to claim their prize. On the 31st day, an alternate winner will be drawn and notified by telephone and or email.
For more information on how to purchase raffle tickets, information on the trip, please visit or call the Roberts Family Development Center at (916) 646-6631.
Included in the Trip:
- Round-trip airfare for two
- 8-night accommodations for two
- Tours and Safari
- All air taxes, fuel surcharges and hotel taxes
- Breakfast and Dinner will be provided during the 7 days in South Africa. Meals will be provided during Tours & Safaris. Travelers are encouraged to buy their own additional meals as necessary.
- Transportation to and from San Francisco International Airport will be provided by the Roberts Family Development Center
RFDC Group trip: Should the winner choose to join the prescheduled trip with RFDC Friends, below is the tentative itinerary (Itinerary subject to change):
Preschedule Trip with RFDC Friends Description: Dates to be determined
March 2024 – Depart San Francisco International Airport
March 2024 – Arrive King Shaka International Airport, Check-IN
- Day 1: Tour Mandela Capture Site, Golden Mile Beach front & Aquarium
- Day 2: Tour Mahatma Gandhi House, uMhlanga Rocks, African Vendor Shopping, Promenade
- Day 3: Full day Safari at the Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Day 4: Full Day Safari
- Day 5: Depart to Cape Town, R&R
- Day 6: Tour Robben Island & Mandela Jail Cell
- Day 7: Tour Cape Town Beach, Fish Market, R& R
March 2024 – Check-OUT, Depart Cape Town International Airport
March 2024 – Arrive San Francisco International Airport
Rules, Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: US Citizens, 18 and over with a valid US Passport, ID and applicable medical travel requirement and vaccinations. Proof of passport must be provided by January 15, 2024.
- Ticket buyers must be able to provide a valid photo ID, mailing address, telephone number and email at the time of purchase.
- The winning ticket will be publicly drawn and announced on December 8, 2023. Winners do not need to be present at the time of the drawing.
- Winner must confirm their travel dates by December 20th, 2023
- Interest forms will be accepted from September 10, 2023, until December 7, 2023.
- December 3, 2023, up to December 6, 2023, Tickets will only be sold in person at the Roberts Family Development Center located at 770 Darina Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95815 or by credit card over the phone.
- Publicity Release: Winner must agree to their name and likeness to be shared on RFDC social accounts as well as website and future promotions.
- Taxes and Expenses: Per US tax regulations, winner is responsible for all taxes inquired
- * If less than 500 tickets are sold, RFDC has the option to cancel or postpone the Golden Ticket event.
Also please note, the IRS does not allow money spent on raffle tickets to be tax deductible contributions.
RFDC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation under IRS guidelines. Please consult with your tax advisor to confirm eligibility for tax deduction. This raffle has been registered with the California Attorney General pursuant to state law.